domingo, 4 de noviembre de 2012

Grammar Reference - Present Perfect

Use of Present Perfect

 
1. Emphasizes on the result. I.e. She has written five letters.
2. Action that is still going on. I.e. School has not started yet.
3. Action that stopped recently. I.e. She has cooked dinner.
4. Finished action that has an influence on the present. I.e. I have lost my key.
5. Action that has taken place once, never or several times before the moment of speaking. I.e. I have never been to Australia.
 
 
I/you/we/they -  Affirmative: I have spoken
                          Negative: I have not spoken
                          Question: Have I spoken?
 
He/she/it - Affirmative: He has spoken
                  Negative: He has not spoken
                  Question: Has he spoken?
 


Signal words of Present Perfect

Already, ever, just, never, not yet, so far, till now, up to now...
 
For irregular verbs use the participle form (see list of irregular verbs, 3rd column). For regular verbs, just add “ed”.
 
 

Form of Present perfect

The present perfect simple expresses an action that is still going on or that stopped recently, but has an influence on the present. It emphasizes on the result.
 
 
 

1 comentario: